Thanks for visiting my speaking page. Here you’ll find out more about me, my most requested speaking topics and how to get in touch with me about speaking at your event.
As a practising project management consultant and an author of two books on project management, I understand how important it is to capture an audience’s attention and keep it from start to finish, taking them on a journey that leads to them taking action. I’ve attended more than my share of events so I know what it’s like to leave an event bored and de-motivated by a low-energy session.
How do audiences describe me?
The three words that audiences use most to describe me are engaging, knowledgeable and clear. Other words that audiences use are energetic, inspirational and funny. That’s not an easy thing to do when your main topics are to do with project management and risk management!
Regular Speaking Topics
I speak on a variety of topics, here are the most commons ones:
- How to Create, Maintain and Deliver Projects to Challenging Deadlines
- How to Build Successful Stakeholder Relationships
- How to Build a Highly-Performing Project Team
- Identifying and Managing Project Risks
- How to Overcome Setbacks, in Projects and in Life
My most popular talks
My most requested talks are:
- “How to Develop Leadership, Collaboration and Team Working With Index Card Planning”
- “Project Planning – How To Get It Right”
- “The Project Manager’s Play Book”
- “Are You Making These Risk Management Mistakes?”
- “How to Embed Risk Awareness In Corporate Culture”
- “How To Escape The Stakeholder Management Maze”
What you can expect from me
You’ll know that I’m a professional speaker from your first interaction with me to your last. If you book me for your event here’s what you can expect:
Before your event:
- A prompt response to your enquiry
- A telephone or skype call to discuss your needs
- A written proposal or summary of our conversation, to confirm that I understand your requirements
- A professional speaking contract to confirm booking
- Research with potential delegates to understand their specific needs, including surveys and / or interviews as appropriate
- Announcements on my website and on social media to promote your event
- A pre-event press release to publicise your event
- I’ll arrive at your venue early so that you can relax and not have to worry about where your speaker is
- To participate in any pre-event briefings and rehearsals with you and your AV crew.
During your event:
- A powerful performance that your delegates will love, with stories, humour, energy and take-aways that they can use straight away
- To finish on time! I won’t overrun and cause delays, I’ll respect your schedule and accommodate any last-minute changes that you might need to make
- To participate in Q&A sessions, round table discussions, interviews and breakout sessions.
- To stick around after my keynote to answer delegates questions and offer guidance
- To be respectful of your audience and other speakers and to work with the other speakers on your programme
- To be present at the end of the day to participate in any post-event meetings / briefings or to review any adjustments to the next day’s schedule.
After your event:
- A post-event press release to continue to publicise your event
- Follow-up activities with your delegates to consolidate their learning
- A post-event follow-up call to discuss your feedback.